Skip to main content

Man Sues Doctor After Surgery Leaves Him With 8-Month Erection


Man Sues Doctor After Surgery Leaves Him With 8-Month ErectionA truck driver from Delaware is suing the doctor that gave him a penile implant four years ago because the surgery allegedly left the driver with an erection that lasted for eight straight months.
Daniel Metzgar's 2009 surgery involved a three-piece inflatable penile implant, with cylinders placed inside the penis' shaft, a fluid reservoir implanted under the abdominal wall, and a pump put in the scrotum. But something went wrong and Metzgar was left with a permanent boner.
Or, as Metzgar's attorney, Michael Heyden, put it: “Dan is stuck in this position.” That position, according to Heyden, made it difficult for Metzgar to complete a number of everyday tasks, including but not limited to: getting the paper in the morning, riding his motorcycle, and attending regular family events, which made the constantly erect Metzgar feel uncomfortable.

“I could hardly dance, with an erection poking my partner,” Metzgar told jurors Monday when he took the witness stand. The procedure caused him to retreat from much of life, even wearing long baggy sweat pants and a long shirt to hide his situation.
“It’s not something you want to bring out at parties and show to friends,” said Metzgar.
Dr. Thomas J. Desperito, the urologist who performed the surgery, denies responsibility, saying that bad results are not always the fault of one procedure or doctor. Deperito's attorneys also said Metzgar should have realized something was wrong when his scrotum swelled to the size of a volleyball.
Metzger finally had the device removed in 2010, after its tubing punctured his scrotum while he was on a family trip to Niagara Falls.
Metzgar eventually got a replacement prosthesis, but he claims scarring from the first surgery has left him “50 percent smaller” with less sensation. The lawsuit is still ongoing in New Castle County Superior Court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LG’s first flexible OLED phone due before the year is out

LG plans to launch a flexible OLED smartphone before the end of the year, the company’s VP of mobile has confirmed, though it’s unclear to what extent the work-in-progress handset will actually flex. The OLED panel in question is the handiwork of LG Display according to VP of LG mobile Yoon Bu-hyun, the WSJ  reports, with the proposed device set to launch sometime in Q4. LG Display’s work on flexible OLEDs has been underway for some time, though the company’s efforts have perhaps been overshadowed somewhat by rival Samsung’s YOUM development. Last year, according to a Korea Times report, LG Display was preparing for

Syrian Electronic Army claims credit for CBS Twitter accounts hack

Yesterday, several of CBS ’s Twitter accounts were hacked, including its main account, and its accounts for 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, and CBS Denver. The hackers got into the account and tweeted a series of things relating to President Obama and the United States being in cahoots with Al-Qaeda . The tweets also had links that led users to malware-infested sites. While CBS was able to regain access to its accounts, it was unable to figure out who was behind the attacks, until now. The Syrian Electronic Army , the same group that hacked 3 of the BBC’s Twitter accounts, claimed

Can Technology Do a Better Job of Finding Bombs?

 With the horrifying images of the Boston Marathon bombing still much too fresh in our minds, and with citywide marathons coming up this weekend in London, Hamburg, and Salt Lake City , law enforcement officers and citizens everywhere are asking how to prevent the tragedy from being repeated. As Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs adjunct professor Abraham Wagner observed last year, on the 11th anniversary of 9/11, there’s “no magic bullet o